Wooden Dummy (Mok Yan Jong Faat) DVD
by Sifu Sam Hing Fai Chan
For hundreds of years, the wooden dummy has been a perfect training tool for martial artists. The Wing Chun Mok Yan Jong is a unique invention designed specifically to enhance the skills of Wing Chun practitioners. This video, along with the book, give the most complete instructions to date to unlock the secrets of the Wing Chun Mok Yan Jong.
The practice of the wooden dummy set refines and hones the techniques learned from the Siu Lim Tau, Chum Kiu and Biu Gee forms. It also strengthens the power of the forearms, and improves footwork and sinking energy, as well as refining the skills of Chi Sau.
This DVD includes:
• The entire dummy set in seven sections
• Detailed footwork and kicks
• Chi Sau applications
• Multiple camera angles
|Region 0: Region Free
Customer/3rd Party Review - This review was done by a customer/3rd party and is listed here for you reference only. The views and opinions of the reviewer are not those of Everything Wing Chun and do not necessarily reflect EWC's views or opinions on the subject matter. It is posted, like all customer reviews, to give you more info on the product and to give you different opinions on a product so that you can make the best decision for yourself about its content. The review is NOT by an EWC employee or contractor and EWC cannot stand by anything said in any customer/3rd party review. Enjoy!
Review: IWCMAA Ip Man Wing Chun Series: Wooden Dummy (Mook Yan Jong Faat)
By: Todd Taganashi
"The wooden dummy is probably the most recognized training tool of the Wing Chun system. Although very popular today, this apparatus was practically unknown in the west until it was made famous by Bruce Lee, kung fu superstar and disciple of Wing Chun's Great Grandmaster Ip Man. The history of the wooden dummy form can be traced back to the Shaolin Temple in Southern China. Legend has it that the monks would have to pass a test by fighting their way down a hall of 108 wooden men. In his Wooden Dummy video, Sifu Sam Chan teaches the traditional wooden dummy form as it is taught in the Ip Man Lineage of Wing Chun Kung Fu. Sifu Chan demonstrations the form in three manners -- first slow and controlled, then section by section, and finally fast with full speed and power. Now, when I say fast, I mean fast and with control and good technique. I have seen so many guys try to demonstrate their "mastery" of Wing Chun by performing the wooden dummy at superfast speed, only to end up looking sloppy, week, and for lack of a better word - terrible. Sifu Chan's performance is inspiring; his use of footwork and Yiu Ma (waste turning energy) are fantastic. It is very obvious he has spent a very long time training in this form. The application sections are very well done as well. Each of the wooden dummy techniques is broken down and demonstrated with a live partner during Chi Sau practice, first slow and controlled so you can see the movement, then fast so you can get a feel of the timing, sensitivity, and energy release required to pull them off. Overall I would say this is one of the best DVDs I have seen yet on traditional wooden dummy training."
- DVD Length: 40 Minutes
- Display: NTSC
- Region: 0
- Type: DVD
- Language: English (No Subtitles)
- Video Quality: High (Professional Production)
- Audio Quality: High (Professional Production)
- Wooden Dummy Form (Section by Section)
The Mook Yan Jong Faat (Wooden Dummy Form) as taught by Sifu Chan and the International Wing Chun Martial Arts Association (IWCMAA) is divided into seven sections to aid the student in learning.
- Section One (Right and Left Angle Views)
- Section Two (Right and Left Angle Views)
- Section Three (Right and Left Angle Views)
- Section Four (Right and Left Angle Views)
- Section Five (Right and Left Angle Views)
- Section Six (Right and Left Angle Views)
- Section Seven(Right and Left Angle Views)
- Footwork and Kicks
- Section One (Theory and Applications)
- Section Two (Theory and Applications)
- Section Three (Theory and Applications)
- Section Four (Theory and Applications)
- Section Five (Theory and Applications)
- Section Six (Theory and Applications)
- Section Seven (Theory and Applications)
- Mook Yan Jong Faat Demonstrated by Sifu Chan (Right and Left Angle Views)
The traditional Wooden Dummy form is performed by Sifu Sam Chan with full speed and power.