Dit Da Jow - Plum Dragon - Jun Fan/Jeet Kune Do (JKD) - (Pre-Aged) 4oz
Type: Healing Jow
The Bone and Joint Injury Formula is used primarily to promote quick healing of tendon and bone injuries from Kali stick strikes and other Kali/Escrima drills, sprains and strains from grappling, rigorous sparring, or other activities where there may be more than basic muscle bruising. This dit da jow is used in the Jun Fan/Jeet Kune Do Fighting Arts group, under direct Jun Fan lineage; this dit da jow is available exclusively by Plum Dragon Herbs!
Refreshingly winsome, mildly sour in scent, this recipe is composed of 26 herbs, several of which undergo special processing. Rou Gui, Bai Zhu, and Bai Shao direct potent healing and training combinations of other herbs to the liver, spleen, and kidney meridians, to ensure that more severe injuries which happen in class, stay in class.
A Top 5 Jow:
JKD (and many Wing Chun formulas) are specifically designed to cross the bridge between injury and conditioning. JKD is composed of a base of moderate strength injury herbs and a supplementary battery of strong herbs that promote healing, maintaining, and strengthening bone and sinew. JKD works well for bruises and injuries to joints due to impact as well as stretched tendons from overextension such as can happen with submission wrestling and Chi Na. It is also acceptable for beginner level iron palm training. However, the place where JKD often shines best is in the various limb knocking exercises, especially near the joints.
In terms of overall herbal composition, JKD probably has the least potent combination of herbs of the top 5 main liniments. However, because it is specialized for a specific task and designed carefully and thoughtfully, it excels at the task of healing and strengthening the limbs during training.
Vegan: This jow contains no animal or insect parts and is Vegan-friendly.
- Tonifies Liver and Kidney
- Strengthens Bones and Sinews and Tendons
- Dispels Water Retention
- Dispels Wind-Dampness and relieves Bi Zheng (Painful Obstruction Syndrome)
- Consolidates the Jing (Essence)
- Promotes Mending of Bones and Relieves Pain
- Activates Bolod Circulation, Dispels Blood Stasis
- Relieves Pain, Connects Bone and Facilitates Healing
- Low back and knee pain and weakness
- Inability to lie down flat w/out experiencing pain
- Soreness and weakness of the bones
- Muscular atrophy
- Relieves pain and stiffness
- Chronic low back pain
- Trauma, fractures, sprains and strains
- Dispels blood stasis, relieves swelling, stops pain and bleeding
- Fractured bones and traumatic contusions as well as ligament damage
- Promotes post-surgical healing
- Strengthens tendons and bones
- Invigorate blood circulation
- Prevent and heal osteoarthritis by increasing bone mass density
- Musculoskeletal pain due to external and sports injuries
- Chronic pain in the lower body
- Bone fractures with severe pain and swelling
- Promotes the growth of bones and flesh
- Calcium absorption: Increases bone absorption of calcium.
- Osteoarthritis - has demonstrated beneficial effects on symptoms of Osteoarthritis.
- Antihyperlipidemic - Has preventative and therapeutic effects for high plasma cholesterol levels.
- Adaptogenic - increases endurance.
- Anti-inflammatory and analgesic - reduces pain and swelling.
- Vasodialative - dilates blood vessels to increase blood perfusion to the coronary artery and decreases blood pressure.