Wing Chun Wooden Dummy (Made on Demand)
MasterPath's customizable made-on-demand Wing Chun wooden dummies have great specs and multiple options to choose from including specific legs, colors, stands, engravings and more. Customize your Wooden Dummy today! (Note: This dummy has some custom options that may not match the picture. Please be sure to pick the exact options you want.)
This dummy is made in the USA to "western" standards of high-quality craftsmanship.
*** SHIPPING ***
USA - Pick US Shipping from the list above and checkout. For more details scroll down and read the shipping rates posted below.
Everywhere else - Email us with your address and the configuration you want. We have to get you a custom shipping quote and setup a custom checkout for you. Due to all of the configuration, countries, and changing rates we cannot calculate this automatically. If you are in CANADA you can get a "quick and dirty" quote by picking the US shipping and then doubling it. Canada is usually a little less than 2x USA shipping. But to order you will still need to contact us for a custom checkout.
**** ***** ***** ****
The dummy exterior,
base exterior, arms,
and legs are all made from high-quality ASH wood. It is an excellent
wood for dummies and will last a very long time. The
interior post is Douglas Fir. Ash is used to make baseball bats and axe
handles, so it is a great wood for the dummy exterior, arms and leg.
The dummy wood is stained deeply and a gloss finish is layered on to
help protect the wood for a long time.
If you are interested in the BLACK WALNUT dummy, we do also offer that wood - please email us about it.
wooden dummy is constructed using traditional Ip Man / Koo Sang
measurements, with modifications based on Wong Shun Leung, Ip Ching, and Duncan Leung dummies. We took the measurements that were the same (or very close) across the different specs and standardized them. Where specs disagreed we researched why the differences existed and made
adjustments so that this dummy can be used by any student of the Ip Man lineage without worry.
Dummy is 60 inches tall, with 9 inch diameter, and weighs 85 lbs
(in ASH) + 10 lbs for the arms and legs. So approx 95 lbs for the dummy
without the stand. Please keep in mind weights are an estimate only, as each dummy is different.
Parallel or Traditional Arm settings:
dummy arms naturally go into a more Parallel position by default.
Chun wooden dummies usually have staggered arms where the left arm is
higher than the right arm. With our wooden dummy you can choose to have
the arms staggered or level simply by rotating one of the arms. This
gives you more flexibility and training options. If you rotate both arms
you can get a large space between them, and if you rotate them one turn
you can get a medium setting, but it can change the distance between
the arm tips as well. So you have a few options if you don't want them
to be parallel.
We realize some lineage/people want customer measurements for the arms. We can do that, usually for free, but costs based on your exact requirements. Just let us know what you need in the order notes or email us first.
We offer 4 legs with this dummy.
1) A standard dummy leg to Ip Man specs. +0 USD
2) An elite dummy leg - which is a thicker/better version of the standard leg. +25 USD
3) A leg with a concave shin used by Duncan Leung lineage (a private Ip Man disciple) +30 USD
4) A shaped leg, which matches Wong Shun Leung specs. +30 USD
1) Modern Free-Standing Stand (4 versions) - Please note as of Dec 2015 all free-standing stands have a new interior design to make them much more durable than previous/other versions of this stand:
a) Triangle Base +$145 USD.
2) Frame Stand - Wall Mounted +$190 USD
b) Square Base +$155 USD
c) Elite (Hexagon) base +$220 USD
d) Elite (Hexagon) base with Box on back. +$360 USD
3) Frame Stand - Free Standing +$340 USD
4) Corner Stand - Free Standing +$440 USD
5) Recoil Stand - Wall Mounted +$240 USD
6) Recoil Stand - Free Standing +$340 USD
Costs are added to base dummy price. These are not stand-alone prices.
dummies are currently drop-shipped from the carpenter. If you are overseas (EU/Australia/UK) we can get you a custom
shipping quote - just email us with your full address. Typically
shipping overseas is $400-600+ USD via FedEx. And you must still pay all
customs and VAT charges.
USA Shipping Rates:
BASE RATE is $85 USD for the dummy body. Add to that your extra cost to ship the stand:
1) Modern Free-Standing Stand
a) Triangle Base +25
2) Frame Stand - Wall Mounted +40
b) Square Base +25
c) Elite (Hexagon) base +40
d) Elite (Hexagon) base with Box on back. +115
3) Frame Stand - Free Standing +60
4) Corner Stand - Free Standing +80
5) Recoil Stand - Wall Mounted +35
6) Recoil Stand - Free Standing +40
Canadian Shipping Rates are
usually about double, as a rule of thumb. Contact us with your an
address if you want to order and need an exact quote to Canada
time can vary greatly based on the current queues. This dummy can take 4-12 weeks to construct (depending on the current queue of orders) and drop-ships from the carpenter. We can't guarantee how
long it will take since it varies so much based on current demand and
Average is about 7-8 weeks for most of the year. It can be 11-12 weeks around the holidays and tax season.
General Dummy Specs:
Dummy Height: 60 inches for the body + 5 inches for the stand = 65 inches (1.65 meters)
Trunk Diameter: 9 inches
Dummy Weight: 95 lbs approx with arms and leg.
Total Weight : Approx 135 lbs (61 KG) + 30 lbs for Additional Box.
- From Floor to center of the top arms = 52 inches (1.32m) . The 4 spacers can make that 55 inches.
- Space Between upper arms and mid arm = 9.5" .
- Space Between mid arm and leg = 13" .
- Space between the tips of two upper arms = 9" when in parallel position.
- Slat Holes made to accommodate slats that are 2 1/8" tall by 1 1/4" wide.
- Space Between Slat holes for Mounting to Frame Stands = 42"
Leg Tenon is 2.25 x 2.25 inches thick.
Dummy Arm Tenons are 1 5/8" x 1 5/8"
* MasterPath offers a lifetime warranty on the dummy trunks.
* All dummies are constructed of a patented 9 board laminating process.
** Don't know how high the dummy should be off the ground? ** Read this article: http://www.shopwingchun.com/how-high-to-mount-your-wing-chun-dummy/
- When using a modern-free stand in the square or elite configuration,
From Floor to center of the top arms = 52 inches (1.32m) . The 4 spacers
can make that 55 inches. If you need the arms higher, just let us know. If using a free-standing recoil stand let us know if you need the arms to be higher. All other stands you can mount to your exact height.